The Criminal Investigative Function: A Guide for New Investigators 3rd Ed.
By: Joseph Giacalone
The Criminal Investigative Function: A Guide for New Investigators 3rd Edition (398 pages), gives an insider’s view of the challenges investigators face. The text covers everything from crime scene to court room with everything in between. The book is investigator focused. Want to know how detectives think and act? What it takes to solve a murder? Then this guide is for you!
The Criminal Investigation Function: A Guide for New Investigators 3rd Edition is published by Looseleaf Law and is available anywhere books are sold.
- Chapter 1: The Criminal Investigative Process
- Chapter 2: Enhancing Patrol’s Function in the Criminal Investigative Process
- Chapter 3: Criminal Identification Systems
- Chapter 4: Search and Seizure
- Chapter 5: Crime Scene Protocol
- Chapter 6: Follow-up Investigation
- Chapter 7: A Social Media Plan for Criminal Investigations
- Chapter 8: Eyewitness Identification
- Chapter 9: Interview and Interrogation
- Chapter 10: Investigative Report Writing
- Chapter 11: Introduction to Special Investigations
- Chapter 12: Death Investigations
- Chapter 13: Cold Case Investigations
- Chapter 14: Sexual Assault Investigations
- Chapter 15: Robbery Investigations
- Chapter 16: Aggravated Assault Investigations
- Chapter 17: Burglary Investigations
- Chapter 18: Grand Larceny and GLA Investigations
- Chapter 19: Arson Investigations
- Chapter 20: Missing Persons Investigations
- Chapter 21: Officer-Involved Shooting Investigations
- Chapter 22: Trial Preparations
- Court Cases Cited
The Criminal Investigative Function: A Guide for New Investigators 3rd Edition is also available on Kindle.